frequently asked questions
THE PET TAXI® can safely transport your pet anywhere that you have made advanced arrangements with. We specialize in same-day rush services, emergencies, as well as late-night and early-morning drop-offs.
In addition to rehabilitation, therapy, and treatment appointments at your veterinarian or specialty clinic, we provide pick-up and delivery service to the airport, boarder, dog day care, groomer, “yappy hour” and back home. We also handle event pet chaperoning (think: wedding ceremony, birthday party, new puppy delivery)!
For your added convenience, we can wait with your pet through any appointment and safely return them to you with any medication or special instructions!
ANYWHERE. ANY TIME. ANY DAY. WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
THE PET TAXI® was designed for pets of all shapes and sizes!
Dogs are secured in a harness and pet-safety seatbelt, or in a travel-safe crate. Felines and Exotics (fish, birds, reptiles, arachnids, and rodents) must be in an appropriate travel carrier when their chauffeur arrives.
For the safety of our chauffeurs, a known-aggressive or temperamental pet is not approved to use THE PET TAXI® services unless crated and/or muzzled. To speak with a member of our team about qualification requirements for your pet, call us at 877-873-7299.
NO. THE PET TAXI® ride is always private. YOUR pet’s safety, comfort, and needs are our only focus and priority throughout the entire transport.
Many pet parents are at home when their pet needs a ride, or they choose to leave a key under the mat, with a neighbor, or in a lockbox. Once your pet’s chauffeur has been assigned, you will receive their direct contact information. By phone, text message, or using our in-app communication tool, you can facilitate the access and key exchange, or can give special instructions as to your preferred method of entry. You may also leave entry details with a reservation specialist over the phone, or in the notes section of our online booking tool.
For your convenience, THE PET TAXI® automatically matches you with a pet chauffeur who can best accommodate your schedule and meet your pet’s unique needs. If you have found a chauffeur that your pet has connected with, and would like to rebook the same person, please call 877-873-7299 to speak with a reservation specialist and ensure you get your pet’s preferred chauffeur each and every time they are available.
Your pet’s private chaperone rates start at $95 an hour plus $2 per mile and $2 per minute (when booked with 24 hour advance notice). In addition to vet appointments, therapy and specialty treatments, and airport or boarding drop-offs, we specialize in same-day rush services as well as event pet chaperones (think: wedding ceremony, children’s birthday party, new puppy delivery). Just enter your pet’s pickup and drop-off address into our website or on The Pet Taxi App® and the fare estimator will show you exactly how much our private chauffeured, pet transport services will be.
You can always call us at 877-873-7299 and we will give you an instant fare estimate right over the phone too!
No problem. If you would like your pet’s ride tailored to their specific needs, call us anytime at 877-873-7299. We are here to help.
Crates are available upon request, as well as ramps, lifts, and pet gurneys. We also offer assistance with securing your pet into a carrier and can safely lift them when they have trouble walking.
As soon as possible, although we try our hardest to accommodate all requests. However, the later you wait to book your reservation, the harder it may be for you to secure your requested time. Also keep in mind that a same-day service fee will be applied when booking a pet taxi after 8pm the night before your requested pickup.
Please keep in mind that a same-day service fee of $175 will be applied when booking a pet taxi after 10pm the night before your requested pickup.
You can cancel any advanced pet taxi request without penalty any time up until your driver has accepted your ride request. Once your driver has accepted your request, you are subject to a cancellation fee equaling the base fare of the ride you requested. Once your driver has begun service, the request is unable to be cancelled and your credit card will be charged.
You can contact us in one of 3 ways:
1. Simply call 877-873-7299,
2. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org,
3. Download the App and use the in-App Contact function.*
*If you need to reach your pet’s chauffeur, please use the in-app contact function. Your pet’s chauffeur can be reached directly, as soon as they are in route to your pet and throughout the entire length of service.
In the very unlikely event that your pet or home incurs any damage or injury as a direct result of THE PET TAXI® service, your home and pet are protected up to $1,000,000*. This is in addition to standard auto and liability coverage that your pet’s chauffeur carries.
*subject to terms & conditions of Pet Sitters Associates, LLC
While tipping your pet’s chauffeur is not mandatory nor included, it is appreciated. If you loved THE PET TAXI® service and feel that your chauffeur went above and beyond, tips can be paid in cash directly to your pet’s chauffeur, through the PET TAXI APP® at the end of your service, or by calling us at 877-873-7299.
We are the ONLY local transportation service in the country that offers on demand, GPS-tracked, private chauffeurs for your pet! It is our years of experience, professional training, pet-customized vehicles and equipment, around-the-clock booking options, exclusive patented Pet Taxi App®, and specialized insurance that set us apart from all the rest.
Yes, that was probably us! Now that word is out about our unique and much-needed local pet transportation services, we have been featured on several news outlets and in the media.
- We take them on a potty-break before starting the trip, when applicable.
- We play soft music.
- We talk to them.
- We always make sure they’re comfortably settled and secure before starting the ride.
- We keep our windows rolled down only a few inches and they remain locked.
- We never leave pets unleashed or unattended.
- Limit food before car trips.
- Consider providing your pet with anti-nausea medication before they travel. Your vet can recommend over-the-counter or prescription options.
Schedule or customize your pet’s ride by calling us at 877-873-7299 (dial option 1 for reservations) anytime, day or night, or use our online reservation tool found on the upper righthand corner of our website.
If this is your pet’s first ride, call 877-873-7299 and speak with one of our local pet transport specialists.
Once we gather details about your pet’s unique needs, and your preferences for them, we will create an account for you on our Pet Taxi App®. Then: anytime, from anywhere, you can enter your pet’s pickup and drop-off address information on The Pet Taxi App®, click the service that best suits your pet’s needs at that time (drop-off, wait & return, rush) and follow the prompts. Once service has been scheduled and your chauffeur is on the way, you will be able to communicate directly to them via phone or text message and provide any specific details through the in-app contact function.
We look forward to serving you and your pet!
- The Pet Taxi App® is the nation's fastest growing network of vetted and insured pet transportation providers, offering you safe, easy, and affordable pet-friendly transport at the touch of a button. Daycare, groomer, ride to the vet? The Pet Taxi App® will safely and reliably transport your pet!EASY.· Book your pet a pet-friendly ride with the touch of a button.· Drivers are right around the corner and ready at a moment's notice.AFFORDABLE.· See the estimated cost of your pet's ride, just enter the trip details.· Hassle-free and secure payments directly within the app.SAFE.· Drivers are pet professionals who pass comprehensive background and DMV checks.· Each service is rated by the pet owner and only the highest rated drivers are available.FEATURES AT A GLANCE:· An interactive GPS map tracks your pet and their driver's location in real-time.· The in-app contact function allows for easy communication with your pet's driver.· Each service insures you, your pet and your home up to $1,000,000.· Ride beside your pet in a luxury pet-friendly transport when choosing OWNERS TOO!.· Send your pet on their way with their driver for a one-way trip when choosing DROP-OFF.· Send your pet with a chaperone into their vet or training appointment. Our drivers will accompany your pet to their appointment and bring them back home with notes when choosing WAIT & RETURN.